Thursday 26 July 2012

Latest dragonfly picture

As you may have guessed I love dragonflies and butterflies and inspired by my endless landscape picture thought I would have a go at making one featuring dragonflies. One of my dragonflies is also featured on the Hardingham Art and Textile Groups annual exhibition poster which is on the first week of September.

I decided to use handmade silk paper as a background, something which I haven't had much luck with before but felt this came out ok. I then machine stitched onto the water and for the reed beds before couching some silk boucle as a base.

The reeds in the foreground were made from organza and cut out with a soldering iron to prevent the edges from fraying and some were wired to give depth.

The dragonflies were made using organza and water soluble film before being applied and beaded and overall I am quite pleased with the result. Now to do a garden scene with butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment