Thursday 27 October 2011

Fabric Caskets

About a month ago I went to a Macmillan coffee morning and donated some of my work for the raffle, one of these being a fabric casket. I haven't made any caskets for a while and didn't intend to but the lady that won the casket came into the fair on Sunday and ordered a 'girly one' for a Christmas present. I made two similar ones so I wonder which she will choose. Photos taken at night so colours not very clear but they are pink and purple.


For our Christmas challenge at my textile group we have to make something titled 'The Essence of Winter' and this much include couching so that is right up my street. As my next project for the City and Guilds is on leaves I thought I could be crafty and combine the two so have been making organza leaves to include. Not sure what I'll be making yet but will post the finished item.



Off to the Norwich Textile and Bead Fair on Sunday which unfortunately is the last one. We are quite short of creative textile suppliers in Norfolk so it will be missed. Must try not to spend too much though after my recent trip to London.

My next craft fair is on the 12th November at Lincoln Hall in Hingham run by Daisy Boo's. It is usually successful so fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a sweet blog. I've just been scrolling through some older posts and I love your stuff! That's so cute that the lady who won asked for more =)

    ReplyDelete