Friday 17 June 2011

In Stitches


Went to the In Stitches exhibition at Blicking on Wednesday. The weather was great and the gardens looked lovely this time of year. However that wasn't the reason I went but rather for the textile exhibition being held there for the next month.

It was in the upstairs gallery in a much larger and lighter room than large year and I was blown away by the range of textiles on display. Couldn't take photos which was a pity but it is free to enter so well worth a visit.

The piece I liked the most was Tree Nymphs by Justine Claire Williamson which was just up the stairs before the main gallery. It was similar in size to the tree I have made but in grey with added Gothic textile window frames. I was trying to work out how it was made and think I have some idea. However at £350 it was rather above my budget. Below is my attempt at a tree.


I also liked a piece called Rusty Metal and the work of Julie Smith and Patricia Birks who organises the group. Would have like to have bought many pieces but did buy some cards.                                

All in all well worth a visit and may even have to go again before the month is up.

2 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Potter Jotter, Love the tree bag as well, looking forward to seeing more of your posts :)
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondered whether the dragonfly stitch was still available for purchase as I saw it at Blickling Hall and was intrigued by it, but did not have the cash on me! If you could email with the response, that would be much appreciated!
    Olivia
    livy_boyce@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete