Sunday 12 June 2011

New to blogging

This is my first blog post and its all a little scary being a bit of a silver surfer.

I'm fairly new to textiles having tried loads of crafty things before but never sticking to them. However after doing a City and Guilds in creative textiles I was hooked as there are so many elements to it and its not easy to get bored.

I am a member of the Embroiderers Guild and will be starting a machine embroidery course with them in July so am hoping to try lots of new things even though I said I wouldn't do any more courses.

I dye many of my fabrics and threads and find it unpredictable and exciting as you get different colours depending on the fabrics used.

Initially it was difficult finding what was really my style but lately I have started to make bags and purses which are colourful and different from anything else around.

I will be exhibiting at the Wayland Show at Watton in August, a vintage and handmade fair in Holt in October and Daisy Boo's in Hingham in November and am really looking forward to them.

Oh well back to sewing, need to finish a bag for my future daughter in laws birthday this week.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging - we're all silver surfers here! The photos of your work below look amazing, as does your Etsy shop. Am sure you will do well at the Craft markets you're at later in the year!

    ReplyDelete